Working with Children Checks | Expect a Star

Working with Children Checks

Each state and territory will have their own requirements for all persons applying for employment in the Education and Care sector. Please refer to Regulatory Authorities for more details.

For employment in each state and territory you will need to fill out the following forms:

  • New South Wales – NSW Working with children check.
  • Western Australia – WA Working with children check.
  • Victoria – Vic Working with Children unless you are a registered teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching. A Criminal History Check is also required for Certified Supervisors as part of the “fit and proper” assessment.
  • South Australia – Criminal History Screening.
  • Queensland – Blue Card application from the Commission for Children and young people.
  • Australian Capital Territory - Must complete a Police Records Check upon employment and every 3 years afterwards.