Cook Qualification Requirements
There is currently no national regulation or requirements for Cooks in centre based care. Each state and territory will continue to implement their own requirements:
- Western Australia: Required to hold a certificate in food handling and hygiene and a certificate in food nutrition from an approved RTO.
- Victoria: No current requirements or qualifications.
- South Australia: No current requirements or qualifications.
- Queensland: No current requirements or qualifications.
- New South Wales: Must hold a qualification in food safety and nutrition.
- Australian Capital Territory: Staff who prepare or supervise food handling must have skills and knowledge of current food safety and hygiene practices.