Certified Supervisor and Authorised Supervisor Requirements
An educator with a supervisor certificate may consent to be placed in day-to-day charge of the education and care service.
The designation must be made by the Approved Provider or the Nominated Supervisor and accepted in writing by the Certified Supervisor.
A Certified Supervisor placed in day-to-day charge of an Approved Service does not have the same responsibilities under the National Law as the Nominated Supervisor. A supervisor certificate is a personal approval and is ongoing unless suspended, cancelled or surrendered. A supervisor certificate is not attached to a particular service, which means a person will not have to reapply for a supervisor certificate if they move to another state or territory. Relief educators can apply for a supervisor certificate.
A supervisor certificate is not a qualification.
The applicant must have:
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the provision of education and care to children
- The ability to effectively supervise and manage an education and care service
- AND - have at least one of the following:
- At least three years’ experience working as an educator in an education and care service or children’s service or school, or
- An approved diploma-level education and care qualification, or
- An approved early childhood teacher qualification.
What forms need to be filled out for Supervisor Certificates?
- Form CS01 Application for supervisor certificate
- PA02 Declaration of fitness and propriety
- CSDF 3 Working With Children Check/police check/criminal history check consent forms
- You get the first two from the ACECQA website
Please note: In NSW only you are required to have completed a course in Child Protection from an approved provider
You can get the WWCC/police check and Criminal history check forms or information from the individual state and territory Regulatory Authorities.
When sending to your state/territory Regulatory Authority you will need to attach the following:
- A resume;
- A copy of your qualification;
- For the WWCC check, attach 100 points of ID - originals or in the case of Birth Certificate a certified copy.
You will need to pay an application fee of $30.