Free Online Training for Educators
30 April, 2020
It’s so important to be a life-long learner and the extra time you might have at the moment is an excellent opportunity to do some professional development! So we have put together a collection of completely FREE training courses which can all be completed online.
- Browse multiple online short courses on a multitude of topics, including a large selection on Primary and Childhood education. Our top picks are English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development, Exploring Play: The Importance of Play in Everyday Life and Teaching Phonics in Early Childhood.
- Free PD for Victorian Casual Relief Teachers funded by the Department of Education and Training VIC and count towards VIT PD hours. Take a look at the Early Childhood program for 2020 of 5 webinars.
- An early intervention program for Early Years educators to significantly improve mathematical capabilities of preschool children. This 8 week program is run both online and face-to-face and is accredited by both NESA and in ACT.
- A selection of free online short courses offered by TAFE NSW. These are not Early Childhood specific but offer great learning potential such as administrative and computer skills and leadership skills.
- Listen back to over 120 podcasts from The Early Education Show where they discuss policy, politics and practice in the Early Childhood Sector.
- Department of Education and Training VIC is offering a series of free webinars delivered by Anthony Semann to ensure educators and teachers have the skills, knowledge and educational resources to support learning from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Take a look at the schedule and book into the webinars.
- Education Yarns with Jessica Stains: a selection of podcast episodes talking about exploring ways to embed Aboriginal perspectives in the curriculum.
- 3-part series exploring what is takes to be a Mindful Leader and discovering how to incorporate mindfulness into your life on a daily basis – run by Farran Street Education.
- Munch and Move is NSW Health Initiative’s program to help you embed healthy eating and physical activity into your program. 3 hours of NESA accredited PD.
Training for supporting children with additional needs
- Web based course run by The Ronald McDonald Learning Program to support for teachers in planning for school-age children to reintegrate children who have had time out of learning after a serious illness or injury. NESA accredited PD.
- Webinar run by Sue Larkey discussing strategies to teach and engage children who learn differently in Early Childhood.
- An online learning platform which touches on cognitive development, attachment, trauma-informed practice, challenging behaviours, and respectful relationships. The was developed by Early Childhood Australia to help educators to better recognise and respond to children who have experienced violence in the home.
- Schedule of webinars providing support to childcare professionals run by Autism Spectrum Australia.