Job OutlineLead Educator
Promote play based learning through engaging educational programs at this 75-place bush based long day acre service in McDowall!
- Permanent Part time Float role
- Located on a quiet street surrounded by bushland
- Exceeding service!
This 75-place long day care service situated in McDowall, delivers high quality education and care for children between the ages of birth to school age from 6:30am-6pm Monday to Friday. At this service, our educators are incredibly passionate and flexible in their programming and aim to tailor each program for each child's needs and interests. At this service, educators are continuously embedding sustainable and recycling practices within the children's daily routines by educating them about sustainability and the environment in which we all share.
About the Role:
As a Lead Educator at this service, you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning engaging and age appropriate programs that align with the EYLF.
- Establishing a welcoming, safe and interactive environment for each and every child.
- Supervising assistants within each role as a float room.
- Ensuring health & safety standards are maintained throughout the service.
- Creating high quality observations and development plans for each child.
- Open and cooperative participation in meetings and group training activities.
- Willing to assist with general cleaning of the room when necessary.
- Covering lunch breaks and programming times.
- Must hold an ACEQA approved Diploma of Children's services or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Lead Educator is highly regarded.
- Unlimited working rights.
- A valid Blue Card, First Aid and CPR.
- Child protection certificate
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the service.
- Access to a staff benefits program.
- Uniforms provided
- Employee health & wellness program
- 30% discount on childcare fees
Sounds like the right fit? Apply today following the prompt or send us your resume through firstname.lastname@example.org
still unsure? Feel free to call Shelby for a confidential chat on 1300 669 653. Expect A Star can help you decide what is your next step. We can provide more details on this role or recommend a better suited role for you so don't be shy!
Not for you? Refer a friend today and get $300 on your friends' first day into a permanent role!