Job OutlineAssistant Educator
Full time (38 hours per week) opportunity available for passionate Assistant Educators!
- Only a 12min drive from the Brisbane CBD in the suburb of Tarragindi.
- Ample public transport options nearby.
- Opportunity to obtain a full time role as an Assistant Educator.
This 95 place long day care service located in Tarragindi prides themselves on delivering high quality education and care for children between the ages of birth to school age from 6:30am-6pm Monday to Friday. At this service Educators provide a nurturing early learning environment and an engaging play-based curriculum. To encourage both indoor and outdoor play, this centre has enticing new play facilities including tee-pee tents, indoor sandpits, art studio, library space and a large shaded outdoor play space in which children can let their imagination run wild. This centre also offers various extra-curricular activities including community excursions and language & music classes.
About the Role:
As an Assistant Educator at this service you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with the Lead Educator on a daily basis.
- Assist in planning programs and aiding in setting up activities.
- Aide in creating a safe, welcoming and stimulating learning environment.
- Be open to providing your own input in regards to planning and programming.
- Ensure the health and safety of all children.
- Assist with promoting the service.
- Be interactive with the children and engage in play.
- Treat each child and their families with dignity and respect.
- Be willing to participate in paid team meetings and team bonding activities.
- Assist with general cleaning of the facilities.
- Drive the centre bus when required.
- Must hold an ACEQA approved Diploma of Children's services or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Lead Educator is highly regarded.
- Unlimited working rights.
- A valid Blue Card, First Aid and CPR.
- Opportunities for career progression with over 470 centres throughout Australia.
- Access to a staff benefits program involving more than 350 Australian retailers.
- Uniforms provided
- Employee health & wellness program
- 30% discount on childcare fees
Sounds like the right fit? Apply today following the prompt or send us your resume through email@example.com
still unsure? Feel free to call Shelby for a confidential chat on 1300 669 653. Expect A Star can help you decide what is your next step. We can provide more details on this role or recommend a better suited role for you so don't be shy!
Not for you? Refer a friend today and get $300 on your friends' first day into a permanent role!