Childcare Chef | Pymble
- Great work-life balance, Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Thursday
- Enjoy a centre veggie garden
- Cook for up to 60 children
You will be working at stunning Long Day Care Centre in Pymble. The centre caters for up to 60 children and is looking for a part-time Cook to join their wonderful team. The centre has onsite parking and is only 5min walk from the closest bus stop. The team prides themselves on a warm and welcoming environment for the children and their staff members.
This is a permanent part-time role. You can choose to either work Monday to Friday (6.5 hours per day) or Tuesday to Thursday (6.5 hours per day).
As the qualified Chef, you are responsible for planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks for the children aged between 6 weeks to 6 years old in consultation with NSW Health and Munch and Move. You will also have access to a veggie garden. The centre aims to grow up to 30% of their produce on-site, maintaining that garden will be your project. Involving the little ones in food preparation and welcoming parents and visitors is part of this exciting opportunity. The service also provides barista coffee for parents and visitors which you will be required to make. You need to have experience cooking permanently at a childcare centre and be confident with ordering supplies and creating menus. You will be experienced catering for various dietary requirements and allergies.
- Minimum food handling/food safety certificate
- Desired Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Confident in menu planning and preparing in a Childcare setting
- Previous experience cooking from scratch in a Childcare setting
- Permanent part-time!
- Spacious and bright kitchen
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly and supportive team
If this role interests you, apply now! Alternatively, contact Julia directly email@example.com