Casual Cooks | Childcare Centres | Bentleigh
- Are you experienced at cooking for children and and understand nutritional requirements for the 0 - 5 age group?
- Have you cooked for large groups and have effective time management skills in the kitchen?
We need you to join the team!
If you have experience catering within other settings this could be the perfect job to develop your skills in a new environment. Or maybe you've built a wealth of experience working in kitchens in education or aged care facilities and are looking for a new challenge?
Expect A Star is a specialist Early Childhood Education recruitment agency dedicated to providing high quality staff to varying childcare centres across Melbourne. We have a consistent demand across the south eastern suburbs for qualified cooks to work across various childcare centres on a casual basis.
Childcare centre kitchens require support from the early morning to afternoon, during week days only. Generally your shifts will range betwen 7:30am - 4pm. Ideally, you will have experience planning and preparing nutritious meals for children aged 0-5 years, and knowledge of preparing separate meals for children with food allergies and intolerances. You will have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Minimum Australian Food handling qualification
- Desired Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Previous experience working in a Childcare centre as a cook, or a similar setting such as Aged care (you often will have to manage the kitchen on your own)
- Working with Children Check Card (Employee)
- Willing to travel from 30-45 minutes for work
- Minimum 2 days availability, often on short notice
- Excellent time management
- Clear understanding of allergies and how to cater for different dietary requirements
- Great communication skills and a friendly demeanour
Benefits and Rewards:
- Weekly pay!
- Flexible shifts - choose when you work
- Possibility of permanent full time placement
- Make a real difference to children's lives.
- Positive work environment - an agency who values YOU!
Refer a friend program, earn a $300 visa gift card for a permanent referral *Conditions Apply*
Don't wait! APPLY NOW!