Childcare Cooks | Casual | Brunswick
Are you an experienced childcare or aged care cook that is passionate about providing healthy and delicious meals for young children? Do you want to work family friendly hours? Look no further!
Expect A Star is seeking experienced and passionate cooks to undertake casual work within childcare centres across Melbourne. Due to increased demand, we are in search of experienced child care cooks to join our casual pool in the northern suburbs, such as Brunswick, Moonee Ponds and Thornbury.
We are in search of cooks that are flexible, adaptable and can confidently manage kitchens in childcare centres and cook nutritious meals for a large number of children. Ideally you will also have experience in planning and preparing healthy and tasty meals for children aged 0-5 years, and knowledge of preparing separate meals for children with food allergies and intolerances. You will also have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. The shifts that you will be offered will generally range between 7am - 4pm Monday to Friday. There are no requirements to work evenings or weekends!
We offer above award wages, weekly pay, immediate start and great working conditions. You choose when and where you want to work.
- Experience cooking in a childcare centre or in aged care - specifically cooking for large groups;
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or Food Handling certificate;
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee);
- First Aid and Anaphylaxis training preferrable;
- Drivers Licence and own transport highly desirable;
- Willing to travel 30-45 minutes;
- Availability of at least 2 days, and sometimes at short notice;
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal;
- Flexible and a 'can-do' approach towards your role!
In return we can provide you with:
- Above award hourly rates;
- Flexible hours and work locations;
- Great support from our helpful consultants;
- Opportunity to improve the learning and development of children from an early age.
- Build your experience and get a feel of different centres!
- Refer a friend program- You can earn up to $300 Visa Gift Card *conditions apply*
If you are passionate about cooking and you have experience cooking in the childcare or aged care industry, we want to hear from you!
*Please note, only successful applicants who meet all essential criteria will be contacted.*
© Copyright Expect A Star 2019
The content in this advert is the intellectual property of Expect A Star - any reproduction, publication or distribution of this ad in any form is prohibited unless by prior written consent from Expect A Star.